You're Too Sweet: Xylitol Toxicity + Macarons
Updated: May 4, 2021
The topic of today's discussion is XYLITOL toxicity - an artificial sweetener found in many different products, some of which may surprise you. The reason we care about this is because it can cause severe hypoglycemia in our dogs, which may even be fatal. I'm going over my big veterinary tips to remember when it comes to this toxin. We're also making macarons! One of my favorite desserts. It's a delicate, French sandwich cookie and the recipe can be a little finicky, but it's well worth the effort. Let's dig in!
Source links below:
ASPCA Pet Poison Control Center on xylitol toxicity:
VIN Veterinary Partner on Xylitol:
Link to the paper on cats and xylitol toxicity mentioned in my video: