Episode 1: Chocolate Toxicity + Brookies
Happy Tuesday! Today I'm bringing you my first video - it's all about one of my favorite baking ingredients, which also happens to be a commonly known pet toxin....
Unfortunately what's good for us isn't always good for our pets, and we have to be careful to keep potential toxins away from our dogs and cats at home. But how is chocolate toxic? What other toxins are in my household? And what do I do if my pet does ingest a toxin?
Tune in and learn all about it, and at the same time learn an easy, chocolatey recipe to enjoy out of reach of our pets, of course!
In my video, we discussed several resources for consultation if your pet ingests a potential or known toxin. Even if you're not sure how much was ingested, or whether something is toxic or not, these phone resources are essential tools for pet owners and veterinarians. Remember, if your pet did ingest a toxin, you should seek veterinary care in addition to using the resources below.
ASPCA Poison Control: 888-426-4435
Pet Poison Helpline: 855-764-7661
VIN Veterinary Partner: https://veterinarypartner.vin.com/default.aspx?pid=19239&id=4952115
Check out my "Recipes" page to learn how to make the Brookies from the video.
Hope you enjoy!